According to StudyFinds.org, researchers have studied which songs work best to calm stressed dogs on car rides. The study, along with input from a University of West London music professor, has resulted in two lists...the Top 10 Most Calming Songs and the Top 10 Least Calming Songs.
The data seems to show that a lot of really great hard rock and metal makes dogs anxious and stressed, while reggae and soft rock works well to soothe canine nerves.
First, let's look at this awesome worst list...
Top 10 Worst Songs To Play To Calm Your Dog While Travelling:
- “Black Dog” – Led Zeppelin
- “Back In Black” – ACDC
- “Paranoid” – Black Sabbath
- “Chop Suey!” – System Of A Down
- “Duality” – Slipknot
- “Enter Sandman” – Metallica
- “Smoke on the Water” – Deep Purple
- “Runnin’ with the Devil” – Van Halen
- “Ace of Spades” – Motörhead
- “Master of Puppets” – Metallica
Now we'll take a look at the best, one by one...